Date: Thursday October 15, 2015
Time: 16:30 – 18:00 hrs (doors open at 16:00 hrs)
Location: SMB Meet & Greet on Novio Tech Campus, Transistorweg 5 Nijmegen (directions)
When Dutch companies grow, there comes a time that they may consider expanding into the United States (US). They may want go there to access the world’s largest single market, or even hope to find funding to grow faster. But what are the factors you should consider when deciding where to establish your company’s presence in the US?
Jos Scheffelaar, a Dutch entrepreneur who moved to Boston more than 20 years ago, will share his experience with start ups in the US and with European companies doing business in the US. Currently, he is working on spinning off an MIT international acceleration program.
In an interactive session, Jos will answer questions like:
- Why would we consider going to the US? (or alternatively: why we should not go …)
- What is the right innovation region for my company?
- How do Americans look at European start ups?
- How likely is it we will be able to get funding in the US?
- What are the biggest challenges Dutch startups face in the US?
- What are Do’s and Don’ts?
- Plus any other questions you may have about entrepreneurship in the US!
- 16:00 hrs Registration & Welcome
- 16:30 Start-ups in the Boston area and Dutch Ventures doing business in the US – An interactive session with Jos Scheffelaar, CEO and Co-Founder of Launch in US Alliance
- 17:30 Drinks & Bites